Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Meeting Julie :)

Hi Guys

One of the things I was really hoping I could do when I came to New York was to meet up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I have admired and stalked her and her creativity/blog for quite some time, [about 4 years]. A while ago it came as quite a shock/surprise to find that she had found my blog and liked my stuff enough to mention me in one of her blog posts. So you could say we had a kind of mutual art appreciation thing happening LOL :)



I messaged Julie prior too coming to the US with the hope of being able to meet her face to face. LOL I wasnt sure what I would say etc, but she was very much a creative I so admired and I wanted to tell her so, and to also just have that opportunity of meeting her F2F.



Well as you can see I got that opportunity :) and it has been one of the highlights of my stay in New York. I also got to create along side her [but I will save that for another post] I also got meet some of her fab creative friends at a creative afternoon [Julie blogs about it here].



I did actually try to take a normal photo of Julie but she keeps pulling faces LOL :)



I also had the pleasure of meeting Julies lovely creative and talented friend Kelly Purkey.

I am sure I am not the only one who has these kinds of scrappy dreams/goals [meeting your creative idols F2F], but if are like me you kinda put them on the back burner or too hard list LOL. Well dont Guys!!! I bit the bullet and asked, and it happened, maybe you should too :)

1 comment:

Anita Tillman said...

I did stalk my 'creative idol',,, then finlly met you at the scrappin expo!!! lol! how exciting you got to meet Julie - absolutely love her too!! xoxo