Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Finnabair Classes with Scrap Matrix in Darwin :) :) :)

Hello Hello :)

A couple of weekends ago I ant to an amazing 2 days with 4 workshops by the incredible talent of Finnabair run by the fabulous Rae at Scrap Matrix in Darwin!

It was Faaaaaaaabulous! Ania is quite possible one of the best teachers Ii have seen!!!

Today I want to share 2 of the projects that I completed in Ania's workshops!


Materials; patterned paper - 7 Dots Studio, canvas, bling, stamp - Prima, metal rings, Tim Holtz, gesso, Ranger Ink, vintage book page, lace, tulle, and lots of vintage findings LOL :)





This was my first attempt at Finn style! The one thing I learnt is not to put the gel on the patterned paper as it stopped the mist from taking ....dam!!! LOL :) Live and learn! :)

Materials; patterned paper - 7 Dots Studio, flowers, bling, stamp - Prima, distress ink -  Tim Holtz, gesso,chipboard - Imaginarium Designs, vintage book page, lace, tulle, and lots of vintage findings LOL :)


OMGosh I felt like I had used a years worth of embellishments just on this one layout!!!! LOL :)


If you ever get the chance to take a class/workshop by Finn,....... DONT PASS IT UP!!!!

Lou xox

8 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

wow wow wow Loo such gorgeous divine pages ... I only like one of mine .. but will work on it to make it ok .. loveeeeeeeeeeeee yours xoxoxo

Unknown said...

a little different from your usual style yet magnificent nontheless. every time i see your layouts i wish i could be a fly on the wall and watch you create. where does it come from? only you know....thanx for sharing. you always make me feel like i want to comment. each and every time. WOW!

DeeDee Catron said...

these are absolutely frickin gorgeous.. seeing the mix of you and finnabair and is just breathtaking. I signed up for one of her classes in California and i CANNOT WAIT. Congrats on getting to take such a wonderful class.. looks like you benefited greatly :D

Anonymous said...

OMG These are truly amazing, I love love love them and will spend my days/nights regretting the fact that I didnt go :( Really looking forward to seeing a lot more of this style from you !!

finnabair said...

:) Louise, you are more than sweet. What I want to say is - watching such an artis as you creating durig my clas is the biggest inspiration for me. You give me the air, perspective... i love your way of thinking!

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

I love Anna's work ! And you did well with her techniques !

sarah martin said...

Wow Lou stunning layouts. I love Finnabair's work, I'm sure her classes were incredible. Both both of you are very inspiring ladies x

Jasmine S said...

Lou these are just stunning. I think you have truly shown your own style from what you learnt. Amazing.