Friday, March 16, 2018

StencilGirl and & etchall Blog Hop :) :) :)

Hello Hello :)

Welcome to the StencilGirl and etchall Blog Hop :) :) :)




Today  I would like to share with you some of my creative fun using the etchall on stones and a slate paver to create some fun decorated rocks to use in my plant potting [I am a huuuuuge cactus and succulent fan/collector}.


These are the rocks I decorated using the etchall with the fabulous StencilGirl stencil [below image]. I plan on using these in my cactus pots, I have a couple I need to repot so I am on the look out for pots that are a little more grungy looking to match the stones.


This wonderful Swallows stencil was designed by Tracie Lyn Huskamp >>> HERE



...and here are some close ups of the etched stones :)


I have included a couple of photo collages of process photos so that you can get an idea of just how simple the process was for decorating these rocks. To ensure that the stencil adhered to the curved rock I applied adhesive quite liberally with a tape runner to the underside of the stencil, then applied it to the rock.


When the stencil was adhered evenly I then applied the etchall cream using a palette knife. I left this to work for about 15 minutes, removed the stencil and then rinsed off the etchall cream with water. I cleaned up my stencil using orange oil to remove the adhesive and a wet wipe.


Just as an extra lil bit of fun I planted up a fun planter bowl using a slate paver that I had etched a swallow onto. I am on the look out for some charcoal-black stones to place in the planter to compliment the look and complete it. I plan on keeping these succulents clipped [a little like Bonsai] 


I do hope that you have enjoyed this fun creative share?! Please do hop onto the next fabulous designer listed above !

Oh and don't forget to play along for the fabulous GIVEAWAY


One lucky winner will receive an etchall® Glass Etching Bee-ginner Kit,
reposition/reuse stencil spray
AND a $25 Gift Certificate to StencilGirl Products!

Enter to win by leaving a comment below.
Then be sure to visit the other blogs in the hop and comment to win.
The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to WIN!
One winner will be chosen at random from all blog comments!
(One comment per blog please.)
You have until Tuesday, March 20th at 11:59PM Central Time to leave your comments.
Winner will be announced on
StencilGirl's Facebook page and etchall’s Facebook page on Wednesday, March 21.

Cheers for now and Happy Blog Hopping :) :) :)

Louise xxx

23 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

These rocks look great

Bailey Earith said...

hoping and hopping Bailey (at) BaileyFiberArt (dotcom)

TerryO said...

What a fabulous idea - I have lots of rocks, some of which could be beautifully improved by etching!

TerryO said...

What a fabulous idea! I have lots of rocks, some of which could be improved by using this etching method.

Terry Ricioli Designs said...

Great idea to etch rocks!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Oh my goodness they are awesome! Thanks for the inspiration - you have my mind tickling with ideas now...

Jean said...

What a creative idea. Love this

KatheD said...

I love seeing the different surfaces that can be etched, rocks would be a fun surprise to come across

cghundley said...

Fabulous idea using
the rocks! They look
so interesting and
pretty.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

Super cute idea Louise. Great way to use up some of the extra river rocks I have laying around too.

Unknown said...

These are super cute Louise!

Anonymous said...

I never knew you could use etching cream on rocks. I'm so excited! We decorate rocks to hide around town. They are called Moco Rocks and kids love finding them. I painted some using my stencils, now I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for the idea.

maria soto said...

love your rocks, great ideas.

Erin Reed said...

i love this cool on rocks!!!

Edwige V. said...

Really cool !

Dee Spillane said...

Oh my gosh! Rock etching, I can create my own glyphs. How cool, love. Dee

Dee Spillane said...

Oh my gosh! Rock etching, I can create my own glyphs. How cool, love. Dee

Mary Holshouser said...

Love that this technique is so versatile.
It can be used on so many different
types of material. Definitely
something I have to try.
Thanks for all the ideas.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Such a fantastic idea!! Love how the stones turned out!

Catherine said...

Clever project!

Patty said...

Rocks! I love it!!! Wheels are turning!

Ericka Strange said...

Wow I never knew you could etch on rock. So pretty and fun. Great job.

Allycat said...

My goodness this is fantastic, I love this