Thursday, October 19, 2017

Hello Hello :)

It is Blog Hop time at the Fabulous StencilGirl :) :) :) We get to create using amazing stencils, aaaaaand use Mary-Beth Shaws favest Tim Holtz products :) :) :)



Here are the Blog Hop Links :) :) :)

October 18: Adirondack Alcohol Inks
Mary Beth Shaw

October 19: Distress Oxide Ink Pads 
Gwen Lafleur
Louise Nelson  <<< You Are Here :) :) :)
October 20: Distress Crayons Sherry Canino

I got to create using the most amazing Distress Oxide Inks [they are freaking fabulous]!!!! and the amazing open Bare Wisteria Stencil designed by Trish McKinney :) :) :)


So for this blog hop I decided to create a mixed media scrapbooking layout. I have included step out photos and brief descriptions below, of the creative steps, of how I created this layout background using the StencGirl Stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink!

Using white cardstock as a background I created a textured background using the vine stencil, Finnabair modelling paste, and Vivia Decor crackle paste. I allowed this to dry before proceeding to next steps.


Using the 3 Oxide inks depicted above I covered the textured background with a thick coat of the oxide ink, applying it directly using the ink pad itself. I then used a moistened [with water] fan brush to spread and blend the ink on the textured background.


I used a heat tool to dry the ink off. When it was completely dry I used the ink pad again to add colour highlights to certain areas of the textured pattern. In some areas I used my finger to smudge on more ink, especially in the flat texture areas. Only in the blue area did I buff off a little of the ink.


And this is my completed layout! I was really happy with the effects I was able to achieve using the oxide ink on the textured stencil pattern! Below are some close ups :) :) :)





Well I do hope you are enjoying this wonderful and inspiring blog hop! Cheers for now and it is on to the next Fabulous Creative on the list :) :) :)

Cheers and Happy Creating 

Louise :) xox

39 comments:

Cathy F said...

Wow - that's a very cool technique!

Jean said...

Oh wow - I love how this background looks! I want to try this!! So fuN!

Elaine said...

cool use of texture!

lynda said...

Oh my gosh. I love this! Using the modeling paste and crackle paste with that stencil created such a wonderfully textured background! I will definitely need to try this out today! And the distress oxides are wonderful.

Cindy Gilstrap said...

Love this so much! The colors are wonderful and loved how it all turned out!! Thanks for sharing!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Gorgeous colors and textures, Louise! xo

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the blending of colors.
Oxide's make it so easy and looks
so good. Love the picture
behind the trees.
Fantastic layout.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

PatGLex said...

I *love* your technique! Although I'm not a scrapbooker I think I can easly translate this to an art journal! Now to get some of the modeling paste!

Unknown said...

Love it! So pretty!!!

sara j said...

I am such a fan of your work Louise....simple is sometimes best! This is lovely!

Unknown said...

Great texture and color! Thanks for sharing your technique

T McKinney said...

love what you did with the stencil Louise! 😍❤️

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

That is a freaking amazing background! I love using texture paste too and I really need to use my stencils more! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kate Yetter said...

I don't make a lot of layouts but I really like this one. This stencil was perfect for masking and I really like how you didn't completely leave it white but applied more ink. You can still see the depth from the mask and it looks softer than a harsh white. Lovely!
Kate

Amy said...

So lovely! Love all the blues and greens, the texture, and those delicate little trees!

Jakki said...

I love the way the Distress Oxide interacts with the textured background. I'm learning so much on this Blog Hop. Thank you.

Patty said...

Great layout! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Jacklyn Young said...

I love the depth and color of this project!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

McStamper said...

Love your layout. Thanks for sharing the great technique.

Mermaid Maker said...

Love the texture!

Rae Lynn said...

Lovely textures! You created so much interest with it.

Unknown said...

Louise this is beautiful and I have to say that I absolutely love your blog / website it's gorgeous !! thanks for sharing your talents with all of us !!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Absolutely stunning!! I simply adore the colors and textures you created!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Cathy said...

Beautiful result using Trishs stencil. Love the idea of using the paste for texture with this stencil and then the distress oxide inks.Will be using this myself.

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome project and colors!!!

VA Beach VA said...

This is awesome! I love the white cutouts on top of the vivid color. Nice contrast. Just beautiful!~Rachel Bell

Lynda Shoup said...

I like how the texture and the oxide work together. Wonderful vibrancy.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow !! This is a truly gorgeous layout !

Dee Spillane said...

I really like how your page turned out. Beautiful texture and layers. Thanks for sharing your process

Catherine said...

I like how you applied the Distress Oxide Inks directly to your substrate!

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous and luscious textures Louise! I love texture!!
A beautiful layout and design- well done!
Jackie ")

Textile Recycler said...

AWESOME texture! I think I need those inks!

Amanda said...

Cool texture! Pastes are so fun to play with. Amanda (at) Meadowdance (dot org)

Sylvia said...

Such a cool and inspirational technique! The texture and crackles are awesome! Thanks for sharing

Helen Gullett said...

Such a fabulous scrapbook layout.
Love how you creating the textured background.
Thank you for the tutorial and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

This is great! Love the texture with the modeling paste and the elements.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome colors and textures! Love the trees!

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

What an awesome project!